Today September 29 is World Heart Day, and today cardiovascular diseases are the leading cause of death in the world. Cardiovascular disease, which includes heart and cerebrovascular disease, is responsible for 17.5 million premature deaths. If we do not consider a change in our habits, these figures would increase, reaching 23 million deaths in 2030.
A healthy diet and regular physical activity are key to improving our cardiovascular health and enjoying a healthy heart.
What are the risk factors that can affect our cardiovascular health?
- Eat and drink properly. A healthy and balanced diet provides our heart with the necessary fuel to enjoy a full life.
- Attention with our blood glucose levels. If we suffer from undiagnosed and treated diabetes in time, we increase our chances of suffering from cardiovascular diseases.
- Sports and physical activity will help us to improve our physical and emotional state, reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Take regular checks on your blood pressure. Excessively high blood pressure is a risk factor.
- Control your cholesterol and BMI levels.
- If you are a smoker, the time has come to quit. Your health and your finances will appreciate it.
From Neosalus we are committed to creating cardioprotected spaces and that cardiovascular emergencies are attended with the highest possible level of success.