Neosalus gives 8 defibrillators to the CX Cursa de Bombers de Lleida, thus turning it into a cardioprotected race.
A cardioprotected race has a sufficient number of defibrillators and people instructed to use them to ensure a short response time to help the runner in case of need, such as a cardiorespiratory arrest.
In this news from terra.es, Dr. Oscar Mendoza explains how to start running 10km taking care of the heart:
How to start running 10km taking care of your heart:
– If you are going to start training, the first thing to do is consult the professional, tell him that you are about to start the activity and thus carry out physical evaluations to determine the aptitude to perform the activity.
– The ideal would be to look for a professional in physical activity, who develops a plan according to each person but if the idea is to start alone, it is advisable to start with 2 times a week, to quickly move on to 3 times a week of training. Always progressively and that the difficulty is from least to greatest.
– Each training session must have a warm-up, a main part and finally a return to calm or facilitated recovery.
– Planning can include physical preparation work such as sit-ups, swimming, squats, lunges, etc. 3 x 15 of each of these exercises since they will help a lot when running, they can be done once a week and then jogging for approximately 30 minutes.
– At the beginning, you can start jogging for 20 minutes, if the answer is positive next time add a few minutes, if there is no feeling of comfort you can divide the 20-minute block into two of 10 with a stop in the middle and adapt to the activity.
– Progressively, you have to start varying your training with specific jobs, such as changing rhythms (alternating strong rhythms with light racing rhythms), progressive work (starting with a light rhythm and ending with a more demanding rhythm), speed work (the idea of these work is to be able to sustain a certain demand for several minutes), it is not advisable to do the same in each training session, otherwise you will have a good physical shape but performance will not improve.
It is not advisable to do two days of demanding training in a row, but it is very important to do a good workout in heat in each of the workouts.
It is also very convenient to listen to the heart through a wrist monitor, since it will provide important information for the training, such as knowing if the required work is being done, in what time recovery is achieved, knowing if you are working on a certain FC, etc.