We train the people of the organization in the use of semiautomatic defibrillators and other initial healthcare techniques, our course with CPR maneuvers practices.
The training course in the use of defibrillators is based on the recommendations prepared by the International Resuscitation Committee (ILCOR), represented in our territory by the European Resuscitation Council (ERC) in its most up-to-date recommendations.
The objectives of the training are to train the people of the organization in the use of semiautomatic defibrillators and other initial healthcare techniques and to make them aware of the need to know the most common procedures in basic life support.
The duration established for the initial training course will depend on the autonomous community, it can be from 6 to 12 teaching hours, structured in theoretical-practical modules.
The methodology that will be used will be based on the previous knowledge of the participants (initial evaluation), from which the main recommendations regarding CPR and the use of the AED will be made known according to the guidelines of the European Resuscitation Council (ERC). ). The sessions, mostly practical and active, will allow the participants to contextualize the learning from integrated practices and simulation of hypothetical cases.
Find out about the regulations for external defibrillators in your Autonomous Community.
Module 1: Introduction
- Cardiopulmonary Anatomy and Physiology
- Medical emergencies
- Ethical and legal considerations of the intervention
Module 2: Basic Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- the chain of survival
- Basic vital support
- Access to the emergency system
- Action algorithm in basic cardiopulmonary resuscitation for first responders.
- Description of basic cardiopulmonary resuscitation techniques (chest compressions and ventilation with barrier and bag-mask methods)
- Practices of basic cardiopulmonary resuscitation maneuvers:
- Chest compressions
- Basic cardiopulmonary resuscitation for one and two rescuers
- Release of airway obstruction
Module 3: Semiautomatic external defibrillation
- External semiautomatic defibrillation: Description, utility, operation and maintenance
- Safety rules
- Performance algorithm in basic cardiopulmonary resuscitation with semiautomatic external defibrillation
- Basic cardiopulmonary resuscitation practices with AED for first responders with one and two rescuers
- Integrated practice simulation with different possible scenarios
- Data recording and filling out the registration sheet
Module 4: Evaluation · Theoretical and practical evaluation of the three modules that make up the training